Friday, December 12, 2008

Charity art auction

I was more than happy to participate in tonight's auction - it was a great opportunity to challenge myself, learn something new, and in the spirit of the giving season, the proceeds are going to the Children's Miracle Network. Below is my submission, the starship Enterprise NCC-1701 which I modeled in Maya. I created two cameras for a custom stereoscopic image which is viewable through anaglyphic glasses - the kind that bully in "Back to the Future" wore. Unfortunately, the print version is inferior to this - I suspect because this is RGB as opposed to CMYK. I'm going to test this theory - as well as adjust the convergence to give the saucer section more clarity and prominence. This being my first attempt at anything stereoscopic, I'm pleased. But grab a pair of 3D glasses and judge for yourself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool without the glasses; even better with! Thank you for giving me "eyes"!

-tecumseh