Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Another Enterprise clip? Are you F'ing serious?!

Yeah, I guess the starship Enterprise has been on my mind lately since the release of the latest "copy and paste" update to the Star Trek franchise. Of course, the effects from Abrams' film are billions of light years away from what I've done below - another stab at the Enterprise in space - similar to a final project I did a couple years ago. This needs to look way better, but it's helping me figure out the right camera move - which this is not. I did something a little different this time: rather than creating the warp effect in post, I parented two particle emitters behind the nacelles, key framing them to turn on when the ship warps out. From a distance I think it works. The real reason for this project is to create an animated stereoscopic sequence, which I will do once I nail down the scene.

No comments: